Saving on groceries is FUN right? Good now try to take your savings into other parts of your life... may I make a few suggestions? Great!
- One word,INSURANCE. Get a new insurance quote. I don't care if it's your best friend who you have your car,house,life ect insurance through... shop around! My husband and I were paying $136 a month just for car insurance and I thought we were getting a super good deal. I called the professionals at JRI insurance (801-766-4848) and now we pay $76 a month. Savings! So make this your goal this week. I do highly recommend JRI not only did we get a fantastic deal, the agents at JRI are fabulous, very nice and professional. Call them!
- Ladies, ladies, ladies.... no more hair color! The average woman spends $60 or more every other month to color their hair. Why not let mother nature take it's coarse? I haven't colored my hair in two years, and it's not so bad! I've actually had a few comments on my natural color... who knew? So stop right now.
- Nails, why do you have fake nails? Peel them off, shape and paint your own nails... $30 a month is what most women pay for a back fill.. a MONTH! Outrageous
AND I heard short nails are the new IN thing.
- It's getting nice outside, why do you need a gym membership? Cancel it! Run outside, get on your treadmill use household items as weights, create your own HOME gym. I have lost 10 pounds and 2 pant sizes by running outside or on my treadmill. Gym memberships are a waste... don't throw your money down the toilet.
- You have cable right? I'm not saying to cancel your TV just the primo channels. Turn off HBO, Showtime and high priced packages. This will save you $25 bucks a month... so, do it.
- Cell phone. UGH. I had t-mobiles $65 a month service... $65 really wasn't $65. I was paying them almost $100 a month!! CRAZY! I changed to Cricket. Some people bad mouth Cricket... why I don't know. I now get unlimited talk and text for $52 and it really is $52! I don't take a chance of going over on minutes... I talk all I want...this has saved me $50 a month. That is HUGE!
- Your using grocery smarts right... DUH! Thats the biggest savings of all!
So get going make changes and see the difference. This is called learning to surf in the economy. And it's fun... weird I know but saving is FUN.
Anyone else have other savings ideas or tips? Comments welcome!